Friday, February 06, 2009

Stitching in January...........

I did quite a bit of stitching during the month of January and the following is what I stitched up and put a finish on.

This first design is by Heidi, www.needlenecessitites.blogspot.com. Heidi is a wonderful, caring person. She quilts, makes lace, cross stitches, and now she is designing a few cross stitch items. This was the design she made for December for her home. I am very pleased with the way mine turned out. I hope Heidi is also. You can see the front and back below. I have it hanging in my setting area and simply love it. Thank you so much Heidi. When are we going to get another design? This was a free design by Heidi.








This next design was a freebie from Betty of primitivebettys. My DH has his grandfathers old pocket watch and I thought this would work very well next to it. I love Betty's designs. I did the back in a dark green fabric and love it also.





The next photo is a design by Jenny Hoffman, Country Rustic Primitives. It also was a freebie and you can see the stitched design and the backing I put on it. The fabric on back was a gift from Nancy, www.knittingpathsof life.blogspot.com
She is also Heidi's Mom. OOPS, this is not a free design. I ordered it from PatternMart as an email pattern. Sorry!






This next design is also a freebie, but for the life of me I can't remember who designed it. I love all patrotic designs (our son is in the military, as most of you know). I did not make the pillow, it was one I purchased and you just slip the stitched design in it the opening.




This following design is also by primitiviebettys, another freebie. Here again I did not make the banner. I just slipped the stitched design into it. Very simple!




Now, this next design is the January pinkeep from Maryse in France. She is doing a different pinkeep design each month during this year. She has already posted February's design and it is a very cute heart shape. So I need to start on this new one, so I don't get too far behind.




I have also joined the group on, fortheloveofstitching, that Tanya leads. Several of us are doing a Christmas SAL of ornaments and this was my January ornament. We can stitch any Christmas or Holiday design we want. Maybe by Christmas I will have 12 new designs as we started this in December, 2008. Here again, I did not make the banner.



I hope you have enjoyed sharing my stitching pieces with me. You can click on any of them to enlarge. Please feel free to leave a comment for me.

Happy Stitching,
Blessings,
Barbara

12 comments:

angelasweby said...

Barbara,
What an amazing selection of beautifully stitched and finished ornaments. You really have been busy recently :>)
I love this primitive style and these designs are so simple yet really striking. Heidi's ornament will always be as favourite as I love that powerful little word and the way Heidi's interpreted it but I also love the Valentine ornaments and the Time ornament.
There are so many lovely little patterns around that designers offer so generously as freebies, it's a joy to see them stitched up so beautifully.
Hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

You have been so busy Barbara! Everything is very pretty. I also have an old pocket watch I am going to stitch Time for! I didn't realize you were doing the pinkeep SAL, and I'm glad to find out you are. I started February's pinkeep yesterday, and it's so pretty stitched. Very nice finishes!

Becky K in OK said...

All your finishes are wonderful!

Heidi said...

Now I know that snow is definitely good for something in your life Barbara ~ STITCHING...lol! You have been just beavering away. I love each and every piece. How fun to put time with DH's grandfather's pocket watch. You have some sweet little Valentine pieces.

And, of course, I am so pleased that you stitched my little design! I love how you finished it. What a cute idea to twist the fabric for a hanger. I will post the next one on the 15th and am anxious to do so. I know this next one is going to be one you really love so I cannot wait to share it.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Roberta said...

My goodness, Barbara you have been busy. I do like the little pillow that will sit with Wayne's watch.

Brigitte said...

OMG, Barbara, you were on a roll, weren't you? What a productive month January was for you, and all your finishes are so nice and lovely. And really finished. Congratulations!

Suzann said...

WOW! You surely have gotten a lot of stitching done. AND finishes. I have got to get some photos of the stitching I've been doing. I've been sooo busy that I've fallen behind on almost everything. I love all your projects, but I must say I am particularly partial to the "time" and "valentine" ones.

hazel c UK said...

Hi Barbara, Such a delightful lot of stitching to look at. I love them all especially "Believe" which I have stitched to go in my DGD birthday box this month. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Hazel

Nancy said...

You have been very busy Barbara. I love every single thing you have shown us. I love the pin keep design. Heidi will like that you stitched her design I know.
Wonderful work in each piece. Happy stitching.
Nancy

Julie said...

You have been a busy little bee! Nice job on all the finishing.

Nanny Ree said...

Oh my goodness you put me to shame!!!!! I'm off to work on some projects now lol!!!! Marie x

Lelia said...

Fantastic stitching & beautiful finishing : )