Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A day at Silver Dollar City....

Wayne and I went down to Silver Dollar City at Branson yesterday. We always enjoy going when the Southern Gospel Picnic is going on. The picnic only runs for 12 days and SDC brings in some great Gospel groups to entertain the crowds. We saw and listened to four different groups yesterday. We also enjoyed our fill of picnic food...Southern fried Chicken, apple butter glazed chicken, orange-glazed chicken, pulled pork, creamy coleslaw, cheesy scalloped pototes, mashed potatoes and gravy, baked beans, potato salad, zucchini and tomatoes, mac and cheese, assorted salads and vegetables, and hot dinner rolls. Afterward, we enjoyed a hot funnel cake with powdered sugar and hot cider. Very yummy food and way too much to eat.


I always manage to do a little shopping while there and purchased the cutest mending basket, which is pictured below.






I also managed to take a few photo's of the decorations around the city.........





















If you ever get a chance to visit Silver Dollar City in the Ozarks of Missouri, you won't be sorry.

Blessings,
Barbara

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad you had a nice time Barbara, and the food sounds so delicious!

Nancy said...

That looks like a fun place to visit for sure. I love gospel quartets. I used to love going to church on Sunday afternoons, (wayyyyy back when) to listen to visiting groups.
The food sounds really good. I never heard of apple butter chicken. I bet it was all yummy.
Our county fair is on now and the weather is great for it.
Love Nancy

Julie said...

Oh my that food sounds good! Music sounds great too.
I can't locate your email address. I'm sorry. I won't be able to meet up this weekend. I'd love to, but I'm still not 100% certain I'm coming and if I do, my priority has to be my grandmother. Her schedule isn't set so it would be hard to find a good time to meet up. Hopefully I'll be able to come down for a longer visit and meet up with you.
Now I'm hungry!

Heidi said...

Looks like autumn is arriving! The food sounds amazing. What is pulled pork? Sounds like it was a fun day out. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Hugs ~
Heidi