Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another year old!

Well, it's Happy Birthday to ME! Yes, I am a Halloween birthday gal. I was born 65 years ago today, except it was on a Saturday and I was born at 12 noon. I always told my mom I was born in time for lunch!

We had a guiet day. I had a meeting at church with our pastor this morning, home for lunch, then to Joplin to have my eyes examined and set up cataract surgeries in January for myself. We ate dinner at a place in Joplin, called The Red Onion, a very nice place and excellent food. We shared a great dessert, Pumpkin Cheesecake, very rich, but very tasty. We did stop at a book store between the doctor's office and dinner, but neither one of us found anything we wanted to purchase. Then home for cups of pumpkin spice International coffee before a cozy fire in the fireplace.

I heard from our son in Germany. He called while we were having lunch to say Happy Birthday and see how we were doing. I had received a package from them on Monday, and waited until today to open it. I will post a photo tomorrow. The grandchildren called this evening with wishes for "grannie" and to tell me of their fun and games tonight. So my day was complete.

We have to be back in Joplin in the morning at 9 a.m. for DH to see the urologist and hopefully get a good report.

I hope everyone's day was as good as mine,

Barbara

4 comments:

diane said...

It is SOOO good to read you! I have been praying continually for you and your DH. I really have missed you over at FTLOS! Happiest of Birthdays to you, Barbara!

Renee said...

Hi Barbara! I'm so glad to read you again. I missed you so much. So I see that I never must be discouraged to come back again on your blog. Once there are news on it!
I heartfully wish that everything is all right with your dear husband, and that your cataract surgery will be fine in January.
I'm gald that you enjoyed a nice peaceful birthday, with the blessed companionship of your husband.
I 've still not been reconvering from my heart surgery in JUly, and I still have many problems qhich annoy the surgeon and hinder me to do most common things in life. I have nurse care everyday at home. Fortunately, most of the time I can do some sort of crafts or cross stitchng, but quite slowly. I try to make Christmas heirloms for my grand children and for the best friends from my youth time. This summer I discovered that life can stop very suddenly.
God bless and keep you. Hugs from France.

angelasweby said...

Barbara,
I'm so thrilled to see you posting again and hope that your DH continues to make progress and get stronger by the day. You have both been through so much. I am so glad that you were able to do something special on your birthday. I always think of you on halloween, in the best possible way of course :>)
Warm hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

Hi Barbara,

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit me on my blog. I hope you are going through some good changes in your part of the world.

I sent you a birthday e-card on your birthday, and I hope you received it.

Thinking of you,
Nancy