Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Beautiful Surprise.......



Dear Margaret,

What a beautiful gift you have sent to me, thank you so very much. I was at church cooking this afternoon and DH called and said I had received a package from Margaret in Spain. I told him to bring it to me as soon as he could. Well, lo and behold, it is a beautiful apron, (I love aprons and collect them), which Margaret had made and stitched designs for the pockets. It is just the sort of apron I like. She also made a hot pad to go along with it. Margaret, all the ladies at church "made over" this masterpiece, and several told me I didn't need another apron, but they certainly did. Margaret is a wonderful, caring friend who is British, but not lives in the beautiful country of Spain. She and I met several years ago on a stitching group, and are now in a very special group with other very caring ladies. They have all been very special to me the last few months, during my DH illness and surgery. I cannot thank you enough for this very thoughtful gift dear friend. Wayne said it is to be worn only for special occasions.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Isn't this wonderful Barbara! Margaret's work is always perfection, and I know there is a lot of TLC included. I know you will enjoy this! Margaret is such a thoughtful lady!

Nancy said...

Oh Barbara, You so deserve this very special apron. You have been through more than your share this year. I am so happy it is getting better now. Great work from Margaret.

Heidi said...

Oh this is so wonderful Barbara! And you are just the right home for it. I am sure Margaret will be thrilled when she reads about the apron's welcome into your home. Enjoy it! Great job Margaret.

Hugs ~
Heidi

SimplyStitchingintheGarden said...

Barbara, I just love the apron that Margaret made for you. I also, love the bag and little snowman from Nancy V.

Glad you and Wayne are doing well.

Roberta

Fran├žoise said...

wonderfull!!!!!

Solstitches said...

Hi Barbara,
I was beginning to get worried that the package was lost in the mail - so happy to hear that it arrived safely and that you love your new apron.
I say wear it every day and enjoy it.
You are one very special lady and if I could brighten you day just a little it makes me very, very happy.
Hugs,
Margaret

Christine said...

What a wonderful apron Barbara.I love it! Margaret always makes the nicest things.

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

Nancy said...

Hi Barbara:
I tagged you on my blog today.
Nancy V.

Nancy said...

Hi Barbara:
I tagged you on my blog today.
Nancy V.

Nancy said...

Hi Barbara:
I put an award on my blog for you today.

Servidores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

gaohui said...

As soon as the chilly winds Abercrombie Polos initially start to blow every year as autumn sets in; people go to their closets Abercrombie Polos and pull out their sweaters dog coats and ed hardy Hats jackets to ensure that they are comfortable as the temperature drops. Your Ed Hardy Sale dog deserves this equal treatment so when you pull out yours, do Ed Hardy Sale remember to pull out your dog's warm dog clothes as well.If the night is chilly, but Ed Hardy Swimwear not quite freezing, even something as Ed Hardy Swimwear simple as a warm dog sweater will help you to keep your dog warm.