Friday, February 22, 2008

A Lovely Surprise!



Since my DH is still recovering from his past hospital stay and surgery he is suppose to walk everyday, so he goes to Wal-mart twice a day and walks around the store. This morning he went rather early as we had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment in Joplin. Since I was not quite put-together he went alone to do his daily walk, which usually takes him about 45 minutes. When he came home he had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me, which was certainly a surprise. You see, for Valentine's Day he gave me a beautiful card with a crisp $100.00 bill in it, to purchase stitching stuff, as he calls it, and a large box of Chocolate Covered Cherries (I love those things!).
So, needless to say this was a "lovely surprise". He said they were to cheer me up since I've had the flu this week. YES, I took a flu shot last fall, but it did not cover what I've had this week! This lovely bouquet certainly did cheer me up. So I came home this afternoon and made him a Caramel Apple Cake, which I have posted the recipe on my other Blog, www.granniesrecipes.barbara.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a sweet gesture from your husband!

I just saw your Valentine goodies from Nancy. Very pretty!

Heidi said...

This is so sweet of Wayne. It reminds me of my father to see this bouquet. He used to buy carnations for my mother when he was alive. I say Wayne is one romantic man. Good for him!

Hugs ~
Heidi (who is so glad you are over the flu now)

Nancy said...

That was so sweet of Wayne. I know he appreciates all you did for him when he was so ill. Glad he can go to Walmart and walk.