Monday, September 08, 2008

A hugh surprise...........




We have an outside cat, Shadow, who does not realize she is suppose to hunt for her food! So I feed her every morning and every evening. One of the first things I do everyday is put a scoop of food in her bowl, just outside our back door on the carport. By the time I am ready to take my coffee and go outside she is usually finished eating, and she usually never finishes it all, but the last week I have been noticing that her dish is always turned on its side. Wayne and I figured that the raccoon or the opossum was coming up and eating, BUT.........this morning we discovered who was eating her leftover cat food. A tortoise, as you can see in the photo, he tipped the bowl over and enjoyed his meal. I guess he has been coming for over a week now, so I will just continue to feed him and the cat. I can't stand to see an animal go hungry.

Blessings,
Barbara

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Barbara this is so cute! I would keep feeding him too. You may have to give him a name.

Nancy said...

That little guy will probably just keep coming by. Are you going to name him a generic name, just incase it is a she. LOL. That is too cute and funny you managed to discover it.
Hope you are feeling good today.
Nancy V

Heidi said...

I can't believe how smart this turtle was to tip the bowl over Barbara. It is quite a tall bowl for him to reach. I think you have a new pet. :)

Hugs from Cranberry Cottage ~
Heidi

Rhonda in OK said...

I would love to know how that turtle tips up the bowl so he can get to the food.
Maybe you can set up a camera and show us :)

you are a dear to take care of him.

angelasweby said...

What a lovely surprise. Do you remember the film Guess Who's Coming to Dinner...haha! Well, i don't think you'd have guessed right, do you! I wonder where he's come from and more to the point, how old he is. Our neighbour has one which is over 20 years old!
Hugs, Angela

gaohui said...

As soon as the chilly winds Abercrombie Polos initially start to blow every year as autumn sets in; people go to their closets Abercrombie Polos and pull out their sweaters dog coats and ed hardy Hats jackets to ensure that they are comfortable as the temperature drops. Your Ed Hardy Sale dog deserves this equal treatment so when you pull out yours, do Ed Hardy Sale remember to pull out your dog's warm dog clothes as well.If the night is chilly, but Ed Hardy Swimwear not quite freezing, even something as Ed Hardy Swimwear simple as a warm dog sweater will help you to keep your dog warm.