Monday, September 08, 2008

A hugh surprise...........




We have an outside cat, Shadow, who does not realize she is suppose to hunt for her food! So I feed her every morning and every evening. One of the first things I do everyday is put a scoop of food in her bowl, just outside our back door on the carport. By the time I am ready to take my coffee and go outside she is usually finished eating, and she usually never finishes it all, but the last week I have been noticing that her dish is always turned on its side. Wayne and I figured that the raccoon or the opossum was coming up and eating, BUT.........this morning we discovered who was eating her leftover cat food. A tortoise, as you can see in the photo, he tipped the bowl over and enjoyed his meal. I guess he has been coming for over a week now, so I will just continue to feed him and the cat. I can't stand to see an animal go hungry.

Blessings,
Barbara

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Barbara this is so cute! I would keep feeding him too. You may have to give him a name.

Nancy said...

That little guy will probably just keep coming by. Are you going to name him a generic name, just incase it is a she. LOL. That is too cute and funny you managed to discover it.
Hope you are feeling good today.
Nancy V

Heidi said...

I can't believe how smart this turtle was to tip the bowl over Barbara. It is quite a tall bowl for him to reach. I think you have a new pet. :)

Hugs from Cranberry Cottage ~
Heidi

Rhonda said...

I would love to know how that turtle tips up the bowl so he can get to the food.
Maybe you can set up a camera and show us :)

you are a dear to take care of him.

angelasweby said...

What a lovely surprise. Do you remember the film Guess Who's Coming to Dinner...haha! Well, i don't think you'd have guessed right, do you! I wonder where he's come from and more to the point, how old he is. Our neighbour has one which is over 20 years old!
Hugs, Angela