Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sharing a Bit of My Life!

The above photo is about half of the students in my 5th/6th grade Sunday School class. These preteens are a real challenge to teach! They know more about life at 11 and 12 years of age than I did when I married at age 23! They are a lively, chatty, lovable group of preteens, and a joy to be with each Sunday. It takes me a part of each day to study my lesson for the week and many hours in prayer during the week to prepare to teach. Since we can't be with our grandchildren very often, these preteens fill that void. My granddaughter, Courtney, was a part of this group when they lived with us and then again this past summer. Courtney, is the one that inspired me to volunteer to teach this age group when they were looking for a teacher. I had always taught 3rd /4th graders, and they are a real joy to teach, but this group of boys and girls has my heart!

"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. " Proverbs 22:6



5 comments:

Renee said...

I have been Sunday School teacher for so many years too, and still I'm. So once more I feel united to you by heart. I first was Sunday School teacher 'for toddlers) when I was 14! and still I am when 58 years old! During so many years I had groups of every level. For many years now I've been supervisor for other SS teachers too, organizing the yearly program and so.. But I still teach children myself. I'll pray for you and your duty in this area. I wish you a blessed week end.

melissa said...

Barbara,

I just wanted to thank you for the very sweet note you left me on my journal. I'm going to enjoy visiting you here! :)

Nancy said...

Such cute kids Barbara! I know they must enjoy you each and every Sunday!

Nancy

Renee said...

Blessed teaching for you and the kids, dear Barbara. Tomorrow I'l teach 5 to 7 years old.

Renee said...

For me it's time to go to bed on that Sunday night. You must only begin your afternoon. So I wish you a pleasant one. I'll be interested to hear how was your Sunday Sc hool session this morning. In our church many children were missing, because winter school holiday just began so the children are away. I wish you a very good week, finding every day what God planned for you in advance so that you may do His works. Friendly from France.