Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Still remodeling.............

We are still in remodel mode here! I was beginning to think it would never end, until yesterday when they installed new Quartz kitchen counter tops. They are beautiful, but we can't put the back splash up until tomorrow and the counter tops have to seal to the cabinets with the product they use. I don't even have a kitchen sink to use, the sink is sitting in the cabinet, but the new faucet and disposal are not installed and hooked up! But, tomorrow they will be and the back splash will be put up, then we get to wait another day for the glue to stick! Tomorrow we will also paint the walls in the kitchen. But it is all worth the effort and it will be beautiful. I also have a RED HOT wall in what will be my new sitting area. I love that RED wall. We have almost everything out of the house, except for the large pieces of furniture that DH and I can't move. The carpet will be coming on December 8 (the day got changed!), and I told them they had better come on the 8th or else!

But, I want to wish everyone of you a Very Happy Thanksgiving and I hope your day is pleasant, where ever you may be and what ever you may be doing.

Blessings,
Barbara

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I can sympathize with you Barbara after going through many remodeling years! After it's finished your mind starts to forget how trying the times can be. Your kitchen sounds like it is gorgeous! Enjoy your red wall in your sitting room. Don't red walls just give you so many smiles? I love mine too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy said...

Barbara:
It is so much fun to hear your comments through this remodeling. You are tired, funny then happy. I bet it is going to be great and I hope we see a picture of you sitting in a comphy chair in your sitting area. Can't wait for the pictures. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Nancy

Julie said...

Barbara, I hope you'll be able to enjoy your Thanksgiving with construction on the brain. lol I have no doubt that your house will be lovely when it's finished. Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving, Barbara.

BTW...please check out my blog. You've earned an award!