Sunday, January 03, 2010

Snow, Snow, go away.......

Dear Friends,

We got up to snow again this morning. I'm ready for Winter to be over, and we're just getting started. The temps are very low, so its not melting. We're suppose to have more of this stuff Wednesday and Thursday, so we don't know if we will be able to get to Whiteman AFB for Gordon's retirement or not. I DO NOT LIKE WINTER!!!

I've taken the Christmas decorations down and put them away, but I did leave my Christmas Village up, and thought you might like to see it.





This next photo is what the snow looked like from my front porch this morning. Terrible stuff!!




We feed the birds all year round, but in the Winter it is a twice a day thing. This was taken through the windows in our Gathering Room, so not a really good photo. The cardinals are always thick on the feeders. Yesterday we had a lot of finches here to eat.




I've been stitching on and off today. Working on the freebie from primitivebetty, it is a Valentine design. I'm ready to get on with January and move into February. And the way I figure, it's only 170 days until the FIRST DAY OF SUMMER. Oh, that sounds heavenly.

Blessings,
Batbara

5 comments:

Nancy said...

You can send me some of your snow Barbara! We haven't had one flake, and I would love to have some before winter ends. We just have cold and wind.

Vicki in CO said...

Love your village! I fear our kitties would knock the entire thing to the floor. I know about the snow; we've had plenty this year.

Annie Bee said...

Lovely snow pics and your feeder pic is lovely.

Luv your little daschie. I had a mini long haired one the same colourings. We lost him 2 years ago coming up on the 10th. They are so precious.

Nicola said...

I showed your snow pictures to my 2 girls this morning! They loved them and were asking if you have your very own ice rink! LOL
Not much of the white stuff in Central Texas!
Enjoy!

Françoise said...

beautifull snow pictures!!!
françoise