Thursday, January 28, 2010

Years Ago and Today...

Dear Friends,

Back in, about 1983, a friend of mine was cross stitching and making wonderful ornaments for her Christmas tree. She taught me the basic steps, stitching on 11 count Aida with DMC threads. When I finally caught on, she took me to Bentonville, Arkansas to a neat cross stitch shop called, Cross Stitch Crazy. I picked out two charts, brought them home, stitched them, and have loved them ever since. I don't remember the designers, but I love sunflowers, so thought you might like to see my beginnings.



Now, most of you know, I am not much for putting a finish on a stitched items. But, I am trying to do better this new year. So, after stitching three Valentine designs, I decided to put a finish on them so I can use them this Valentine month. So here is my work table, messy isn't it!!



I love stitching the design and seeing the design come alive on the fabric, but to sit in front of this machine.............IS NOT FUN FOR ME!! But, today I did sit in front of it.



The stitched items have a back on them, a couple have hangers, they are turned, stuffed, and ready to have the openings stitched, but that will come in the morning, because I was ready to sit down and do some stitching.

SO, you have to tune in tomorrow to see the finished designs.....

Until tomorrow,
Blessings,
Barbara

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Your first stitches are very sweet Barbara, and I'm sure they are very sentimental too! I look forward to seeing your Valentine finishes!

angelasweby said...

Barbara, I love your workstation!! How inspiring to sit surrounded by such pretty fabrics and trimmings :>)

The little sunflower is so so pretty especially the seed shaped buttons. It's a lovely reminder of how you started and all the pleasure stitching has given you since then.
Warm hugs Angela

Anonymous said...

I love messy workplaces! and I love your first piece. Mine was one that said "Happiness is a huggy hubby". I wonder that piece is???
hugs,
babs in alabama

primitivebettys said...

Oh you aren't alone with messy work space. You should see mine! Total disaster zone!! :)

Lovely finishes Barbara :)