Thursday, January 28, 2010

Years Ago and Today...

Dear Friends,

Back in, about 1983, a friend of mine was cross stitching and making wonderful ornaments for her Christmas tree. She taught me the basic steps, stitching on 11 count Aida with DMC threads. When I finally caught on, she took me to Bentonville, Arkansas to a neat cross stitch shop called, Cross Stitch Crazy. I picked out two charts, brought them home, stitched them, and have loved them ever since. I don't remember the designers, but I love sunflowers, so thought you might like to see my beginnings.



Now, most of you know, I am not much for putting a finish on a stitched items. But, I am trying to do better this new year. So, after stitching three Valentine designs, I decided to put a finish on them so I can use them this Valentine month. So here is my work table, messy isn't it!!



I love stitching the design and seeing the design come alive on the fabric, but to sit in front of this machine.............IS NOT FUN FOR ME!! But, today I did sit in front of it.



The stitched items have a back on them, a couple have hangers, they are turned, stuffed, and ready to have the openings stitched, but that will come in the morning, because I was ready to sit down and do some stitching.

SO, you have to tune in tomorrow to see the finished designs.....

Until tomorrow,
Blessings,
Barbara

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Your first stitches are very sweet Barbara, and I'm sure they are very sentimental too! I look forward to seeing your Valentine finishes!

angelasweby said...

Barbara, I love your workstation!! How inspiring to sit surrounded by such pretty fabrics and trimmings :>)

The little sunflower is so so pretty especially the seed shaped buttons. It's a lovely reminder of how you started and all the pleasure stitching has given you since then.
Warm hugs Angela

Babs said...

I love messy workplaces! and I love your first piece. Mine was one that said "Happiness is a huggy hubby". I wonder that piece is???
hugs,
babs in alabama

primitivebettys said...

Oh you aren't alone with messy work space. You should see mine! Total disaster zone!! :)

Lovely finishes Barbara :)

chunxue said...

During the pandora sets sale World War II, Art Deco jewellery was
pandora earrings sale a very popular style among women. The females started pandora earrings silver wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And buy pandora earrings such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora earrings long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora charms and beads rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora style beads of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora glass beads today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora beads sale triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One pandora earrings example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.