Friday, January 29, 2010

Here they are.....Valentine finishes

Dear Friends,

Oh me, oh my, we have snow, and more snow, and it has snowed all day. It was snowing at 6 a.m. when I got out of bed and it is now 7.30 p.m. and it is still snowing. We have about 7 inches of the white stuff. There was no school, the Senior Center was closed, the library was closed, but we got mail, and I received my order from DSL and the brown truck brought my order from SnT, so my day was wonderful. The temp did not get above 25 all day. Wayne did walk down our lane to the mail box and collected the newspapers late this afternoon. The dogs have been in and out all day, and it has been fun to watch them play in the snow and chase each other. We've also had to fill the bird feeder twice today, and it is a large feeder.

Okay, yesterday I sat in front of that sewing machine, and today I stitched the openings where I stuffed the pillows and here are the finished items.

This first design is by Carol of istitch. It is Carol's Sew in Love.




This design is by Jenny Hoffman of Country Rustic Primitives. It is called Valentine Cupboard Keep.



And this design is by Tanya Anderson, The Sampler Girl. It is Tanya's Primitive Valentine Cupboard Sampler.

You can click on any of the designs for a larger view.

Each of these designs were easy stitching and I enjoyed stitching them and even putting a finish on them. They will certainly add some warm Valentine charm to our home during February.

I hope each of you have a Wonderful weekend, and put many stitches in your fabric.

Until next time,
Blessings,
Barbara

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh wow, you have more snow than we do right now. I am seeing it on our weather that Mo. is getting hit hard. I hope you are warm and toasty inside.
Your finishes are really cute. It is great when something gets finished.
I am going to New York next week. Kristy is doing a fund raiser in her church for money for Haati. I am taking some things I have made for her silent auction of crafts.
Nancy

Faye said...

Hello Barbara!! I found you from the yahoo LHN group!! Love yoru blog and especially these cute Valentine finishes.....Why do we dread the finishing part so much but LOVE the stitching part?? I am the same way!! Faye
carolinastitcher.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

They are all so pretty Barbara! Very nice stitching and finishing, and what pretty decorations you will have for Valentine's Day!

We were suppose to get snow earlier tonight, but it hasn't happened yet, and we're supposed to get it all day tomorrow. We haven't had any this year yet so I was kind of looking forward to a Saturday stitching day in my PJs!

Carol R said...

Very pretty Valentine finishes!

Sharyn said...

Hi, Barbara!
What beautiful finishes! I especially like the first one, is that available to puchase?
Wow, you really got hit with the snow!
We had snow all day yesterday too, but was really light so our total is probably only a few inches. I know I'm in the minority, but I was hoping for more snow! Love it when I don't have to get out in it!
Sharyn :-)

mainely stitching said...

Delightful! I have to get busy with some Valentine's stitching and finishing!!

hazel c UK said...

Your valentines are lovely Barbara and I do not envy you the snow.
Hugs,
Hazel (UK)

My verification word is very apt to day Sking

Edy said...

Loverly!

JanetTX said...

Barbara, I love your blog. You and I stitch sooo many things alike. I see a lot of my charts in your pictures! Sampler Girl is one of my favs along with CCN, LHN and lots of primitive type patterns by other designers. I have your blog bookmarked to watch :) Very nice xs'ing and finishing on all! Janet in Texas :) texasgirl@consolidated.net

angelasweby said...

Well, Barbara, I can see that even though it's cold where you are, there's plenty of love about to keep you warm :>) All your little Valentine stitching is beautiful Carol's Sew Valentine looks so sweet finished as a little hanging ornament and the other two pillows are really pretty. Your finishing is amazing!!
Hugs Angela

Roberta said...

Barbara, love what you stitched, they are lovely.

Littlebit said...

What pretty Valentine finishes..gotta love a snowy day when it's all fresh and you can stay cozied up inside.

Annie Bee said...

Beautiful finishes. I always seem to put of finishing my stitching - I like the stitching but not the finishng.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Lovely Valentines you've stitched - AND finished! That's the hardest part! We got a couple of inches of icy mix, but it was a great stitching day!

Anonymous said...

You did great on your finishes. They all turned out so pretty, Barbara.
babs in alabama

Nancy in IL said...

Well, aren't you smart, Barbara! All finished and ready to decorate for Valentine's Day! WooHoo! They're all adorable. One is cuter than the next, but I love them all.